Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Access the Internet?
The University does not provide open guest internet to the public at the moment; however, there are two ways you can be connected.
If you have a faculty or staff sponsor
The “UChicago-Guest” network allows campus visitors to access the internet with the approval of any faculty or full-time staff member. Access can be granted by sponsor online through uchicago-guest.uchicago.edu. For more information see the ITServices answers page.
If you are doing library research
Those conducting library research can inquire at the Regenstein Library front desk about guest internet access. The pass will also allow you to view the Special Collections. Find complete library hours here.
All guests will log on with their new password on the “UChicago-Guest” wireless network. This network is unsecured, so browse at your discretion.
Where Can I Find ATMs?
Automated Teller Machines are located at the following sites on campus:
- Citibank, Reynolds Club, lower level (57th St and University Ave)
- Citibank, Law School, lower level (60th St and University Ave)
- Citibank, Booth School of Business Harper Center (58th St and Woodlawn Ave)
- Citibank, Stuart Hall, lower level (59th St and Greenwood Ave)
- Citibank, Goldblatt Pavilion of the Mitchell Hospital (near 59th Street entrance of Medical Center)
- Citibank, Brain Research Building (in the Citibank branch, 58th St and Ellis Ave)
- Bank Financial, Mitchell Hospital, lobby (58th St and Maryland Ave, 2nd floor)
- Maroon Financial, Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (near 58th and Maryland Ave)
Where Are the Lost-and-Found Locations?
Most University buildings have their own lost-and-found locations.
- Harper Memorial Library (Advising Reception Desk on Harper’s 2nd Floor): 773-702-8615
- The Reynolds Club at 57th and University: 773-702-8787
- The Medical Center at 58th and Maryland: 773-702- 6262
- Admissions at 58th and University: 773-702-8650
- Regenstein Library: 773-702-8701
- Mansueto Library: 773-702-0952
It is a hub for questions, maps, guides, and everything a visitor needs to explore the University of Chicago.
General questions can be directed to the Information Center. Contact us.